Tuesday, 20 November 2012

Company magazine and a Kit-Kat Chunky, what more can you ask for?

I'm a complete sucker for magazines. There's just nothing quite like curling up on the sofa with some well deserved chocolate and a magazine brimming with style icons, statement pieces, beauty tips and on-point editorial.

It's just a little something to indulge in, isn't it? Every now and again I just stroll into Tesco and leave with my arms brimming with a variety of fashion and features and I feel all the better for it.

Today, I purchased a copy of Company magazine and fell in love with it all over again. I'll point out now that I don't work for Company magazine (believe me, I wish I did) so what you're about to read isn't promotional work - it's sheer fangirling.


Firstly, I found myself instantly lusting over their fresh-from-the-catwalk Baroque dresses and dribble-inducing array of studded shoes in their Shoeniverse Twinkle Toes page.




And of course after the fashion editorial came a series of beauty tips, interesting articles (one has reignited my desire to visit an igloo and another was about blogging - perfect) along with their never-fail-to-inspire-columns.


As a columnist myself, this is something I really take note of in magazines and I loved how while neither David or Jameela chose anything particularly ground breaking to write about, they still managed to carry my eyes from start to finish, engaging me throughout. And that's talent: often it's not what you write, it's how you write it.


So that was another two Company columns straight out of the mag and straight into my scrapbook for those times when I'm fighting writers block or just need reminding why I'm slaving away to meet my deadline: to hopefully be in the position they are one day; being able to share my writing with hundreds of thousands of people.

Seriously, if you haven't already go and check it out, I was very impressed. £1.25 definitely well spent.

What magazines do you indulge in on those stressful need-to-put-your-feet-up days?

Kerry x

2 comments:

  1. Love this post! I love Company magazine as well, those baroque dresses look gorgeous!

    You have a great blog, and write really well :) just followed you.

    -Ciara xo

    http://ciara-fay.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Company too, Cosmo and Teen Vogue (you don't have to be a teen you'know).x

    ReplyDelete

Comments are my favourite. If you write something nice you will be delivered an internet hug free of charge.


 photo copyright.jpg
blogger template by envye